Voluntary Blood Donation Action in the Municipality of Orestiada June 22 & 23, at 09:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Thessaloniki, June 14, 2021
Voluntary Blood Donation Action in the Municipality of Orestiada
June 22 & 23, at 09:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
On Tuesday, June 22 and Wednesday, June 23, a voluntary blood donation action will take place in the Municipality of Orestiada, to strengthen the reduced blood reserves due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The action is organized by "To Hamogelo tou Paidou" in collaboration with the 4th Health District of Macedonia Thrace, the Municipality of Orestiada, the University General Hospital of Alexandroupolis, the Association of Volunteer Blood Donors of Evros "Agios Panteleimon the Hematikos" ", The Pentalofos Blood Donation Association" Drops of Life "and is under the auspices of the Region of Eastern Macedonia Thrace.
Taking into account the unprecedented shortages that have occurred in the blood stocks of the National Health System due to the Covid-19 pandemic, "The Smile of the Child" intensifies its already existing actions regarding voluntary blood donation. According to EKEA data, out of 1,500 blood draws / day, only 800 / day are carried out.
Given the vertical decline in blood draws and recognizing the immediate and urgent need to strengthen them, the Organization takes initiatives and joins forces with agencies, volunteers and organizations in order to contribute to this important and urgent need.
The collection of blood units will be carried out in compliance with strict safety and hygiene rules in the Mobile Unit "ODYSSEUS" of the Organization "The Smile of the Child".
. Location: Central Square of the Municipality of Orestiada
● Days of the action: Tuesday 22 and Wednesday 23 June 2021
Ειτουργ Opening Hours: 09:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
● Contact phone for information and appointments: 2551352001-2 Blood Donation Department of Alexandroupolis General University Hospital
● Voluntary blood donors are requested to have their ID with them, as well as their AMKA.
Throughout the action, all the prescribed rules will be observed to ensure their smooth and safe conduct, as defined by the National Blood Donation Center - EKEA, namely:
● Appointments in order to avoid overcrowding
● Thermometry at the entrance of blood donors and antiseptic in the hands
● Provision of the personal protection equipment provided by EODY (masks, gloves, antiseptic) for the staff and the voluntary blood donors who will participate
● Disinfection in the blood donation chairs in each blood donor
● keeping Observance of the distances between the blood collection chairs, but also in the whole organization of the space
According to the National Blood Donation Center - EKEA, the recipients of the Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines can donate blood, if they feel well, after 2-3 twenty-four hours.
The action is part of the implementation of the project "INTERSYC II - Integrated Territorial Synergies for Children Health and Protection II Integrated Spatial Synergies for Health and Child Protection II" of the program "Interreg V-A Greece-Bulgaria" 2014-2020.
The "INTERSYC II" project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and by national resources of Greece and Bulgaria. "Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and by national resources of Greece and Bulgaria."